Once your Zerodha account is opened and verified successfully, next step is add funds to your trading account. Today I will be showing you how to add money in Zerodha account using UPI or net banking.
As of now, for Zerodha add funds you have two options: UPI and net banking. If you add fund in Zerodha account using Unified Payment Interface (UPI) then you won’t pay any transaction fee. If client choose to add money using net banking then he needs to pay transaction charges.
Therefore, I suggest you use Zerodha add funds UPI option. It is quick and free from transaction charges.
I will be explaining both Zerodha add funds ways and you are free to choose your preferred way to add money to your trading account.
Zerodha Add Funds using UPI
Watch this video to add funds to Zerodha account. In this video, I will be explaining both Zerodha add funds ways.
As discussed, this is a very easy and quick way to load money to your Zerodha account. And the best part is you don’t pay any transaction charges for that.
- Login to your Zerodha trading account and from the navigation menu click on Funds.
- Click Add Funds.
- A pop-up Zerodha add funds window will open on your computer screen. In the amount column, enter the amount you would like to add to your account. Let the next two options as set default (you can change bank account number if you have added more than one account to your account).
- Now select radio button next to UPI and then enter your virtual payment address or UPI ID.
- After entering and verifying the entered details, click Continue.
- Now let the next window untouched and open your UPI app.
- Go to mandate or approve payments section of your UPI app and there you will see Zerodha add funds request.
- Verify the request and authorize the payment by entering your UPI ID.
- Now come back to your Zerodha payment page and wait till the page confirms your authorized payment. Once payment is verified the amount will be added to your Zerodha account.
Add money using Zerodha mobile app
If you would like to add money to Zerodha account using mobile app then follow the steps discussed below:
- Open Zerodha mobile trading app and touch client ID icon showing up in the bottom navigation menu.
- Tap Funds then Add Funds.
- Enter the amount you want to add then select your preferred payment method. Here I am going to choose Zerodha add funds UPI method.
- After tapping on the UPI option, you will be asked to select your UPI app.
- Select the UPI app using which you want to complete the add fund request.
- Enter your UPI PIN and approve the payment request by Zerodha.
How to add money in Zerodha using net banking?
Before I show you how to add money in Zerodha using net banking, I would like to mentioned again that you will be required to pay ₹9 + GST charges in case you add funds using IMPS, NEFT, or RTGS. Therefore, I strongly suggest to use Zerodha add funds UPI method. Nevertheless, I showing you the steps to add money using net banking:
- After logging in to Zerodha account, click Funds from the navigation menu.
- Click Add Funds.
- Enter the amount to be added to Zerodha account and then let the next two options as they are.
- Select the radio button next Net Banking and click Continue.
- Enter your net banking user ID and password and then approve the payment.
- Enter the high security password to verify the payment.
- That’s it. Funds will be added to your Zerodha account within few minutes.
Can I add fund in Zerodha from another account?
As per the guidelines, it is not possible to add money in Zerodha from different account. Therefore, make sure you add funds to Zerodha from the bank account which is available in the Zerodha account. Otherwise, your Zerodha add funds will be rejected.