In this post, we’ll know how to apply for SBI ATM Card right from home without visiting our bank branch. For SBI debit card apply online, you have different options, which we will success here.
State bank of India is one of those banks who do slog over to provide high quality services to their customers to achieve high level of customer satisfaction. SBI has been modernizing its banking facilities and eliminating the need to visit its branches to perform banking.
The bank provides more flexibility to perform many banking activities right from home or office with its digital banking platforms. Customers of SBI can perform a large range of banking activities with online banking ranging from checking account balance to transferring funds to other accounts.
One can pay his credit bills, loan installments, insurance premiums, and SIP installments with this fabulous service.
Furthermore, SBI ATM card application form can also be filled online through internet banking.
If you need a new SBI ATM card then you can use online banking service of the bank to order a new one. Follow the steps given below to request new ATM card in State Bank of India.
SBI Debit Card Apply Online
Here are different ways to request a new debit card in SBI Bank:
- Using SBI net banking
- Calling to customer care number
- Send email
- Visit bank branch
SBI ATM apply online through net banking
Active users of SBI net banking can login to their online accounts for SBI ATM apply. Are you not using net banking service of the bank? Don’t worry. First read this post on SBI Online banking registration and activate the service.
In only 10 minutes you can activate this service from home. And then come back and follow the steps given here for SBI debit card apply online.
- Login to internet banking service with your user ID and password.
- Click on e-Services then ATM Card Services.
- Click on Request ATM/Debit Card then choose an option, OTP or profile password, to validate your access. Enter OTP received on your registered mobile number or enter your profile password. Then click on Submit button.
- Select an account.
- Next, SBI ATM card application form will appear on your computer screen, enter the cardholder name.
- Select a card from the drop-down menu. If you’re uncertain which one meets your needs then click for FAQ’s to know limits, benefits, and fees of different cards. I personally recommend ‘State Bank Classic Debit Card’ for domestic use and ‘SBI Global International Debit Card’ for international use. Note: All cards have different yearly charges therefore choose a card accordingly. For more information, visit this official SBI page.
- Read and accept ‘Terms and conditions’ of using SBI ATM-cum-Debit card.
- Click on Submit to apply a new SBI card.
- That’s it. You have applied successfully. You will receive your card within 15 days.
Call to customer card number
Customer who don’t have access to the internet can call to SBI customer care number 1800112211 (BSNL/MTNL), 18004253800 or toll number 080-26599990.
After calling to the number, follow the IVR options and talk to bank’s customer care agent and request for SBI debit card.
You will be asked some questions for verification and then your SBI debit card request will be entertained.
Request ATM through email
For SBI debit card apply online, account holders can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from their registered email address. In the email, mention your account details such as account holder name, account number, bank IFSC code and the like. And also mention which card you would like to apply for.
Visit bank branch
Last but not the least is account holder can visit his bank branch and fill SBI ATM card application form and the submit the same in his bank branch.
Usually, after receiving new debit card request, bank sends a message when it dispatches customer’s card along with speed post tracking ID.
Once you receive your card, you will need to activate it for the first time. For that purpose, read this post, ‘How to set debit card PIN in SBI?’
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the different types of SBI debit cards?
Bank offers a number of cards to offer according to customers need. Account holder can pick a card of his choice which fulfills his debit card needs. While applying for SBI debit card, bear in mind that all cards have different maintenance charges.
Here are different types of SBI debit cards:
|Card Name||Annual Maintenance Charges||Withdrawal Limits|
|SBI Classic Debit Card||₹125/- plus GST||Cash- ₹20,000/-, Cashless- ₹50,000/-|
|SBI Global International Debit Card||₹175/- plus GST||Cash- ₹40,000/-, Cashless- ₹75,000/-|
|SBI Gold International Debit Card||₹175/- plus GST||Cash- ₹50,000/-, Cashless- ₹2,00,000/-|
|SBI Platinum International Debit Card||₹175/- plus GST||Cash- ₹1,00,000/-, Cashless- ₹2,00,000/-|
|sbiINTOUCH Tap and Go Debit Card||₹175/- plus GST||Cash- ₹40,000/-, Cashless- ₹75,000/-|
|SBI Mumbai Metro Combo Card||₹175/- plus GST||Cash- ₹40,000/-, Cashless- ₹75,000/-|
|SBI My Card International Debit Card||₹175/- plus GST||Cash- ₹40,000/-, Cashless- ₹75,000/-|
Above are some famous SBI debit cards along with their annual maintenance charges. On some card issuance fee will be applicable. And for all SBI cards, replacement fee is ₹300 excluding taxes.