Are you yet to link your Aadhar Card to your State Bank of India account? Then here are different ways of SBI Aadhar link. Using any of the given ways, customers can map their unique identification number to bank account.
Aadhar number is a unique identification number issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). Government of India has been taking many initiatives to make Aadhar card number as one and only required document for identification purpose by linking it to an individual’s bank account, LPG account, PAN number etc.
Nowadays, it is mandatory to link Aadhar Number to bank account. Banks are also sending alert messages to customers who haven’t linked their Aadhaar with their respective bank accounts.
In today’s post, I’ll show you different ways of SBI Aadhar link online and offline. You can link your Aadhaar number by following any of the given methods.
Different ways of SBI Aadhar link
- Link Aadhar using Internet Banking
- SBI Aadhar link through SMS
- Aadhar linking via SBI Yono
- Link Aadhar through ATM
- Link by Visiting Any SBI Bank Branch
Link Aadhaar using Internet Banking
It is an easiest way to link Aadhaar card to SBI account. If you’ve not activated this service yet then you can do so by using your bank account and debit card details from home. Read this post, ‘how to activate SBI net banking?’
If you’re using online banking service of SBI then you can follow the steps given below for SBI Aadhar link:
- Access your SBI online banking account by using your user ID and password.
- From your SBI online banking homepage, click on ‘Link your Aadhaar Number’ from the left sidebar. If you’re unable to find it then make sure you have selected ‘My Accounts’ tab.
- Upon clicking on the link, a form will appear on your computer screen. Just enter the required details such as, transaction account, mobile number (auto-selected registered mobile number), Aadhaar number etc.
- Subsequently, press submit button. Note: You will be able to see last two-digits of your registered mobile number. If that number is not working or you’ve changed it then before proceeding link your new moble number with your bank account.
- In the next step, you will be asked to enter one time password (OTP) received on your registered mobile number.
- After entering OTP number, click on Submit button. That’s it. SBI Aadhar link process is completed.
That’s it! A reference number will appear on your computer screen and you’ll get Aadhar Card link to SBI Bank account status within 24-48 working hours on your registered mobile number.
SBI Aadhar link through SMS
Sorry SBI Aadhar link through SMS is not possible now.
Account holders can also send an SMS from their registered mobile number linked with the bank account for Aadhar seeding.
Aadhar linking via SBI Yono
SBI Yono is a new mobile banking app of the bank. In my recent post, I showed you how to register SBI Yono. Activation only takes 5 minutes.
Active mobile banking users can login to their SBI Yono app for SBI Aadhar link. Here are the steps you will be required to perform after getting access to your app:
- Login to SBI mobile banking app.
- Tap Requests.
- Then Aadhaar.
- Now touch Aadhaar Linking option.
- Enter your SBI profile password.
- Choose OTP based or demographic authentication Aadhar Linking.
- Then complete your Aadhar seeding.
Link Aadhaar through ATM
Customers of SBI bank can also link their Aadhaar cards with their SBI bank accounts by visiting nearest ATMs. After getting access to your ATM services, follow the steps given below:
- Select ‘Service-Registrations’.
- Select Aadhar Linking.
- In the next steps, select your account type.
- Enter your Aadhar number and the re-enter.
- Verify your request by entering the OTP received on your mobile number.
Link Aadhaar by visiting any SBI Bank branch
For SBI Aadhar link, customers can also visit their nearest SBI branches (not necessary to visit home bank branch). Make sure to carry your bank passbook and a Xerox copy of your Aadhar card.