After so much buzz pertaining to Punjab TET 2019 around the internet, finally Punjab State Council of Education Research and Training has officially released PSTET 2019 notification and invited applications from the willing aspirants. Council has assigned the work of conduction the exam to Punjab School Education Board. This year, Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test 2019 will be held on Sunday, 15-January, 2020. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online on or before December 03, 2019 by visiting official website of the council pstet.net. Here, you will be provided all information pertaining to this examination from important dates to online apply procedure.
For PSTET online apply, candidates can visit Punjab Board School’s official website. Online registration for PSTET 2019 has been started on November 3, 2019 and will remain be available till December 03, 2019. Anyone who fulfills eligibility criteria can apply for Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test on or before the last date of the application form. Usually, website of the authority receives huge traffic in last dates therefore we advise our readers to apply for the exam ASAP.
Candidates are advised to check eligibility first before applying for the exam. As mentioned above, PSTET 2019 exam date is 19 January, 2020 and result will be declared in the same month or next.
- PSTET 2019 Notification
- PSTET 2019 exam date and important dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- PSTET online apply
- Exam Fee
- Punjab TET syllabus
- Marks required to get qualified
- How to download Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test admit card
- TET exam result
- Selection procedure for appointment
- Number of attempts allowed
Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test – PSTET 2019
Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test Updates
|Online registration for PSTET 2019 starts on||03.11.2019|
|Last date for PSTET online apply||03.12.2019|
|Correction in application allowed till||04.12.2019|
|Admit card available on pstet.net website||15.01.2020 (Get new roll number, 05.01.2020 date has been cancelled.)|
|PSTET 2019 exam date||19.01.2020|
|Result date||Answer key is available.|
About Punjab TET 2019 Exam
To provide highly qualified teaching staff to government schools and others, the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) has laid down the minimum qualifications, which includes teaching courses and eligibility test, for a person to be eligible for appointment as a teacher in class I to VIII.
PSTET is an acronym that stands for Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test. This test enables the council to select eligible and proficient candidates for the posts of teachers in the state of Punjab. There are two exams in PSTET 2019: Primary Teacher (Paper I) and Upper Primary Level (Paper II).
A person will need to pass PSTET 2019 Paper I if he intends to become a teacher for class I to class V. Similarly, Paper II is for a candidate who desires to be a teacher for class VI to class VIII. Interestingly, one can also appear in both exams by paying Punjab TET exam fees for both exams.
Anyone, who wants to become a teacher in Punjab state schools, has to pass Punjab State Teacher Eligibility Test (after acquiring required minimum qualification). By conducting teacher eligibility test, concerned authority makes sure that only eligible candidates get appointed as a teacher. Candidates who are declared eligible in PSTET exam get an opportunity to become a teacher in Punjab state owned schools and other states government schools.
Punjab TET 2019 is a teacher eligibility test conducted by State Council of Education Research and Training (SCERT), Punjab. In this exam, aspirants who would like to pursue their careers as a teacher proves their eligibility. Every year SCERT releases PSTET notification in the month of September, October, or November, depending on the circumstances.
Once candidate passes PSTET 2019, he will receive passing certificate or eligibility certificate of teaching. Teacher Eligibility certificate remains valid for 7 years from the date of issuance. Meanwhile, he could get appointed as a teacher in a Punjab Government school, appointment depends upon his Punjab TET rank.
By an average only 25-35 percent aspirants clear this qualification exam.Due to this low passing percentage, many states has recalled TET test, which in our point of view is not an appreciable measure because this way we compromise quality education which is very much essential in today’s day and age.
Above was a brief introduction of Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test. Next, we will know it about in detail which includes PSTET online apply, eligibility criteria, and more.
PSTET 2019 Notification
As mentioned above Punjab State Council of Education Research and Training has officially released PSTET 2019 notification for conducting teacher eligibility test for state of Punjab. Notification can be downloaded from Punjab School Education Board website or using this link.
In PSTET 2019 notification, council has mentioned that it has given the responsibility to conduct the exam to PSEB. Eligibile candidates can apply for this exam by visiting official website of PSEB www.pseb.ac.in. As a web developer, I must say authority’s website lacks user friendliness and its interface requires a make over. However, after stumbling you could find PSTET online apply link on the website. For you convenience, we have provided online application link below.
All details such as important dates, fee, eligibilty criteria and the like can also be found on mentioned website’s PSTET 2019 notification section.
As per notification, registration for the exam will be started on 03.11.2019, which started as expected, and online registration form will be available till 03.12.2019. If website faced server errors then authority may increase the last date for PSTET 2019. But we strongly advise our readers to apply as soon as they can.
Important: We request you bookmark this page to revisit it easily in future because here will keep updating everything pertaining to this examination for example admit card notification, result notification will be provided once available.
PSTET 2019 exam date and important dates
SCERT has also mentioned PSTET 2019 exam date in its press notification. Punjab Teacher eligibility test will be conducted on 15 January, 2019. There is no official result date published but you can expect Punjab TET result in the month of February, 2020. Update: As expected, answer key has been provided by the authority.
Council has published important dates regarding TET 2019 and we’re sharing the same with you. If there will be changes in the dates then we will update them, but as of now, these are the official dates for the test including PSTET 2019 exam date.
|Online registration starts on||03.11.2019|
|Last date of application||03.12.2019|
|Correction in application till||04.12.2019|
|Download Punjab TET Admit card||15.01.2020 (Get new roll number)|
|PSTET 2019 exam date||19.01.2020|
|PSTET result date||Answer is available on the website.|
PSTET Eligibility Criteria
Punjab Teacher Eligibility criteria is a set of requirements that a candidate must meet to be eligible to appear for qualification exam. Only candidates who meet the requirements mentioned by the authority are eligible to sit in the exam. Therefore, thoroughly read PSTET notification and know whether you meet the minimum requirements or not.
At the time of examination, candidate may be asked to prove his qualification, if found ineligible then present officer may deny the access to examination hall. Though this does not happen usually but in rare situations or suspicious circumstances, candidate may need to provide his eligibility proofs. The following is the PSTET eligibility criteria for Paper 1 and Paper 2:
|Qualification For Primary Teacher (Class 1 to 5) or Paper 1||Qualification For Elementary Teacher (Class 6 to 8) or Paper 2:|
|50 marks in 12th or equivalent exam without any logs||50 marks in 12th standard or equivalent exam|
|2-year diploma in teaching recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, such as D.El.ED||4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), B. A. Ed, B. Sc. Ed. or equivalent course with a minimum of 50 % of marks (final year students can also apply)|
|Final year of 2-year diploma in teaching candidates can also apply for Punjab TET||Graduated students along with 2 year Diploma in Elementary Education can fill Punjab TET 2019 application form|
|4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), B. A. Ed, B. Sc. Ed. or equivalent course|
- Only person who acquires Indian nationality is eligible for Punjab teacher eligibility test.
- Person should have passed the senior secondary or equivalent exam with an average of 50% marks. Also, candidate willing to appear in Paper 1 should have passed or appeared in final year of 2-year Diploma in Elementary Education or should be pursuing any of the teacher education courses recognized by the NCTE or the RCI, such as D.El.ED.
- A person who has acquired qualifications specified in the NCTE Notification will be eligible to appear for the exam. Person who wants to appear in Paper 2 should have passed 4-year Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.), B. A. Ed, B. Sc. Ed. or should be in final year of his degree course. Apart from that should have scored an aggregate of 50% marks in the senior secondary or equivalent level exam.
- Person with B.EL.ED. degree can appear in both papers (Paper 1 and 2), if he would like to, after paying fee for both exam separately. It is advised to fill both exams if you have a degree.
- The eligibility conditions such as age, percentage of marks and the like, for appearing in TET may be relaxed if mentioned in PSTET 2019 notification.
Eligible candidates can apply for Punjab State teacher eligibility test online by visiting official website of Punjab School Education Board.
PSTET online apply
Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria can visit pstet.net for PSTET online apply. Punjab teacher eligibility test application form can be filled online by visiting SCERT website. PSTET 2019 application form has been available to fill from November 3, 2019.
PSTET online apply process involves three simple steps, which are:
- First time registration
- Fill online PSTET 2019 exam form
- Deposit exam fee
After completing above mentioned steps successfully, candidate’s exam application will be filled up. Thereafter, further steps will be required to taken up, along with downloading admit card and appearing in the exam.
Note: Application is processed online; therefore, no need to send hard copy, print or any other type of document to the office of PSTET.
Let’s see step-by-step procedure to know how to fill Punjab TET online exam.
Before proceeding make sure to keep these things handy:
- Make sure you have a valid email address. All communications will be sent to that address.
- Candidate should have an active mobile number.
- Recently captured scanned photo sized between 20-50KB is required. PSTET notification also mentions that candidate should also have at least 10 copies of the photograph that he has uploaded on the website.
- Scanned copy of signature is also required.
How to fill PSTET form online 2019?
To fill PSTET online application, follow the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of the council.
- Once you reach on the homepage of the website, from the sidebar, click on ‘New User’ link.
- After clicking on the link, a pop-up box will appear on your computer screen, just read the PSTET 2019 online form instructions carefully and then tick the checkbox and a new option will appear ‘Click here to proceed’. Simply, click on ‘Click here to proceed’ button.
- On the next page, fill in the all details carefully.
- In the next step, candidate will receive his Punjab TET registration ID on email address provided by him.
- After completing the registration step, candidate will be able to login. Candidate can click on ‘Registered User’ to login.
- Enter your login credentials and get access to your application form. Once PSTET application form appears on your screen, fill in the details and upload supportive documents along with your recent photo and sign.
- Make payment to complete the registration process.
- Download your PSTET 2019 application form for future reference. Note: No need to send the application by post.
PSTET Application Fee 2019
All Candidates filling PSTET application form 2019 will be required to pay examination fee according to their respective category. Ex-servicemen have been given fees relaxation, no fee will be paid by ex-serviceman while filling Punjab Teacher Eligibility examination form.
Below is the fee structure for PSTET application form 2019:
|Category||Fee in Rupees for Paper 1||Fee in Rupees for Paper 2||Fee in Rupees for Paper 1 and Paper 2|
|General & BC||600/-||600/-||1200/-|
|Ex-Serviceman Self Only||NIL||NIL||NIL|
Fee for PSTET 2019 for general category candidates is Rs. 600 for each paper and if one wants to appear in both exams then he will need to pay Rs.1200 fee. Similarly, for SC, ST, and physical challenged candidates PSTET application form fee is Rs. 300 (for each paper) and Rs. 600 if application to be filled for both papers.
Punjab TET syllabus 2019
Having knowledge of exam pattern is always good for a student or job aspirant. After knowing Punjab TET syllabus, candidates can strategically prepare for their examination and get good ranking. All questions in Punjab TET will be of multiple choice questions with four alternatives out of which one will be correct; each question carrying one mark. There will be no negative marking in the exam so candidates can attend all questions without worrying of cut off due to negative marks.
Person appearing in the examination has to answer 150 multiple choice questions in duration of 2 hours and 30 minutes. These questions will be from different subjects for example mathematics, social science, Punjabi and English language and all questions will be according to syllabus of class 1 to 8. Paper 1 is divided into 5 different parts whereas paper 2 will have 4 parts.
There is no plenty for wrong answers which means candidates can answer questions for which they’re skeptical. Due to lack of negative marking, most candidates can easily crack this exam after appropriate preparation.
Paper 1 (for classes I to V): Primary Stage
|Subject||Number of questions|
|Child Development and Pedagogy||30|
|Language I (Punjabi)||30|
|Language I (English)||30|
As discussed above, in PSTET 2019 Paper 1, there will be 150 multi-choice questions, each carrying one mark. Paper 1 questions will be based on classes 1 to 5 syllabus.
- Child Development and Pedagogy: This test will focus on educational psychology of teaching and learning, understanding the characteristics and needs of diverse learners, interaction with learners and more. Candidates are advised to prepare for the subject according to the syllabus.
- Language I (Punjabi) questions section will focus on proficiency related to the medium of instruction. Prepare accordingly.
- Language II (English) will test candidate’s English language, communication and comprehension skills.
- Mathematics and Environmental Studies will focus on the concepts, problem solving abilities and pedagogical understanding of the related subjects.
Paper -2 (for classes VI to VIII) Elementary Stage:
PSTET syllabus for Paper 2 will be almost similar to Paper 1’s first first three subjects expect here exam questions will be based on syllabus 5th to 8th. Exam will have 150 questions from following subjects:
- Child Development and Pedagogy – 30 questions
- Language 1 – 30 questions
- Language 2 – 30 questions
- For Mathematics and Science teacher: Mathematics & Science – 60 questions
- For Social Studies/Social Science teacher : Social Science – 60 questions
- For any other teacher – either Mathematics & Science or Social Science – 60 questions
Marks required to get qualified
A candidate who scores 60 percent or more in the teacher eligibility test will be considered TET qualified. If you want to know how much marks exactly you will need to score to pass PSTET 2019 exam then answer is 90 marks out of 150.
Important: On the basis of category reservation, SCERT gives concessions in marks to some categories such as SC, ST, and Ex-serviceman. Concession is normally 5%, which means qualification percentage for reserved categories is 55% approximately.
One should know that qualifying in TET exam does not mean candidate will get assured job. Appointment will be allotted on the basis of merit, which means more score you obtain in the exam more chances are you will get appointed.
Punjab TET 2019 admit card download
- Candidates will be informed through website notification once admit cards are available to download
- Admit cards will be available on SCERT website.
- After providing login credentials, PSTET admit card 2019 could be downloaded.
- Admit card will be available on 16.12.2019.
- It’d be noticed that without a valid PSTET admit card candidate will not be allowed to enter in the examination hall.
- Bring an identity proof along with admit card.
- Candidates will need to download admit card from official website of the concerned authority. No admit card will be send via post, it will only be available online.
How to download PSTET admit card 2019
As per SCERT notification, Punjab TET admit card will be available for download. Candidates will need to visit council’s official website pstet.net to download PSTET 2019 admit form. Below are the steps you will need to follow to download your admit card:
- Visit official website of PSTET 2019, which is pstet.net.
- From the website homepage, click on PSTET admit card link.
- Fill in registration number and date of birth and click download button.
- Admit card will appear on your computer screen, print it out and save soft copy for future reference.
PSTET Result 2019
Authority has not mentioned date for PSTET result 2019 in its notification. But as the test is going to be conducted on 15 January, 2020 so it’s expected that result will be declared in the same month or next. Bookmark this page, we will update this post once authority declares the result.
- Result has been available on PSTET website. Candidates will be able to see their result with help of their registration number and date of birth.
- As expected result has been declared in the month of February. Candidates can see answer key on the website and file objection for the same, if applicable.
Punjab TET eligibility certificate
Candidates who scored 60 percent or more in TET exam will be awarded with Punjab TET eligibility certificate, which will be valid for 7 years from the date of issuance.
Selection procedure for appointment
Teachers will be appointed on the basis of their PSTET 2019 marks. Candidates with highest marks will be given preference. More TET rank you have more chances are you will get recruited. Selection will be done according to cut-off marks. Those who will score marks more than cut-off marks, decided by the SCERT, will be ranked accordingly and will get recruited according to their ranks.
A diploma/degree course in teacher education recognized by the National Council of Teacher Education (NCTE) will be considered for selection.
After appointment, appointee will need to undergo a special 6-month training program in elementary education.
How many attempts are allowed for TET exam?
As of now, authority has not capped number of attempts for TET exam. A person can appear in the exam as many times as he would like to or unless he gets satisfactory marks. Candidates who would like to improve their TET score can apply again.
- Teacher eligibility test was first introduced in 2011 by Government of India to improve quality of education in schools.
- PSTET 2019 test ensures that schools get best and eligible teachers who can provide quality education to children.
- Only 25-35 percent aspirants clear this exam.
- Many states have recalled eligibility test after finding its difficulty. These states have ultimately compromised child education and we have seen its result on many news channels where they tested teachers ability and many failed drastically.
- The test is conducted to meet the objectives of the Right of Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act, 2009.