PNB Green PIN lets customers set a new PIN for their ATM-cum-debit card and at the same time it also lets account holders reset their ATM PIN; in case they have forgot it. Green PIN is nothing just a 6 digit PIN code which enables customers change their card security PIN. Many people often get confused when they hear this term.
For those simple explanation is Green PIN is a 6 digit one time password which account holder receives on his registered mobile number for setting a PIN for newly issued debit card or resetting the same for existing cards.
Usually, in traditional banking when a new card is issued or duplicate PIN request is received, bank sends printed copies of 6 digital OTP to customer on his mentioned communication address. This process is time consuming and unnecessary wastage of papers.
So to save papers being used in PIN mailers and speed up PNB ATM PIN set up, bank introduced PNB Green PIN service.
By using this service, customer can send an SMS from his mobile number registered with the bank and in real-time he receives his 6 digit PNB Green PIN. After this one time password generation, customer can visit nearest Punjab National Bank ATM or login to his internet banking account to reset PNB ATM PIN or set a new for freshly issued card.
What is PNB Green PIN?
As mentioned in the beginning, this a one time password to set or reset PNB ATM PIN. Bank has started this service to let customer reset their ATM PIN without visiting their home bank branch.
After receiving the PIN, customer will be required to visit nearest PNB ATM machine or login to PNB net banking or mobile banking service.
Following things can be accomplished by using PNB Green PIN:
- Punjab National Bank green PIN can be used to set ATM PIN for new PNB ATM card.
- This facility also lets customers reset forgot PNB ATM PIN.
How to generate PNB Green PIN?
To generate PNB Green PIN, account holder will need to send following SMS from his registered mobile number:
DCPIN space 16 Digit ATM Card Number to 5607040 or 9264092640
Here is an example DCPIN 6070XXXXXXXX and send it to 5607040.
Customer outside the country will need to send the text message to 9264092640.
After sending the SMS in above mentioned format, customer will instantly receive a 6 digit OTP password which he can use to reset PNB ATM PIN.
Note: SMS charges will be applicable. PIN cannot be generate using retail internet banking.
Once you receive high security password from your bank, you have three options to reset your debit card PIN code. Let’s discuss them one by one.
At PNB ATM using green PIN
After receiving green PIN, account holder can visit an ATM and perform following steps to reset his PIN:
- Visit nearest ATM machine and swipe your debit card.
- From the list of options, choose ‘Enter Green PIN (OTP)’.
- Thereafter, you will be asked to enter your PNB Green PIN which is delivered to your mobile number.
- On the next screen, you will be able to set your New PNB ATM PIN.
- After entering and verify new PIN, you will read successful PIN generation message on ATM screen and same confirmation will be sent to your mobile number.
Reset PNB ATM PIN online
Modern banking services have changed the way we bank. Now you can perform almost all banking related activities right from your home. Punjab National Bank has provided many value added services to its customers to make banking a pleasant activity.
PNB internet banking service allows customers to perform a number of banking activities from anywhere and anytime. Through this service, customers can reset forgot PNB ATM PIN and mobile banking password by just following a few simple steps.
Next, we’ll be discussing on how to reset forgot PNB ATM PIN through online banking service of the bank.
You don’t need to be a computer geek to do so because bank has made this process as simple as it can be. Just follow the steps given below to change PNB debit card PIN.
Note: You should be an active user of internet banking and registered mobile number is required to reset debit card PIN.
Important: Do you know if you would have invested ₹100000 on 21-May-2020 in State Bank of India stock then your ₹1 Lakh would have become ₹124000 on 05-June-2020 (24% retuns in less than 1 month)? This is the power of investing. Open your Demat and Trading account with Angel Broking by clicking on this special link and start investing in good stocks. To learn the basics watch this video.
- Visit PNB net banking website and login with your user ID and password by clicking on retail banking link. If you’ve not activated internet banking then you may read ‘how to activate internet banking of PNB’ to start this service.
- From your online banking page, move your mouse cursor on ‘Value Added Services’ then click on Set/Reset Debit Card PIN under Card Related Services.
- Select your account number and hit Continue.
- You will need PNB Green PIN OTP to reset your ATM PIN, therefore, send following message ‘DCPIN space Card Number’ e.g. DCPIN 51962XXXXXXX to 5607040 or 9264092640 from your registered mobile number. Instantly you will receive a 6 digit OTP number on your mobile number.
- Select an account to which card is linked and click on Continue button.
- On the next page, you’ll be asked to enter your debit card number, expiry date, and OTP delivered on your registered mobile number.
- After entering asked information, hit Submit button.
- After successful submission, you’ll be promoted to next page, where you can enter your new PIN. Just enter your new PIN then re-enter it and click Submit.
- That’s it. You’ll be able to see a successful PIN generation message on your computer screen.
Customers who are not receiving Punjab National Bank green PIN after sending the SMS will need to visit his bank branch.
Change PIN using PNB mobile banking
Account holders can also login to their mobile banking service to set new PIN for their ATM card. For that purpose, follow these steps:
- Get access to PNB mobile banking app.
- From the dashboard, tap Debit Card. Or alternatively, touch View All and then select Debit Card.
- Select you account number and send following SMS from your mobile ‘DCPIN space Card Number’ e.g. DCPIN 51962XXXXXXX to 5607040 or 9264092640.
- Hit Continue.
- Enter your ATM card details and then six digit green PIN. Subsequently, touch Continue.
- That’s it. On the next screen, you will be asked to set PIN for your ATM card.