In today’s post I will show you different ways of PF balance check. Register EPF members can check their accumulated provident fund by giving a missed call to designated number, sending an SMS, installing app or visiting UAN portal. Here we will discuss all ways one by one and you can pick any preferred way to check your provident fund balance.
Employees’ Provident Fund Organization of India has been providing online services to its users to provide information pertaining to their provident fund accounts. As of now, the organization has been providing online and offline mediums so employees can get their EPF account statement right from the comfort of their homes.
PF balance check number
To check provident fund balance, members can give a missed call to following PF balance check number
Call to above number will be disconnected automatically after two rings and member will get his provident fund balance through SMS.
It’s the easiest and quickest method to get your EPF details on the go.
To get your EPF account balance through a missed call, simply dial 01122901406 from your registered mobile number. And wait till the phone disconnects automatically. Instantly or within few minutes, you’ll receive your EPF balance on your mobile number along with your Aadhaar and PAN cards details.
In terms to get employee provident fund balance through SMS, member’s mobile number should be linked to his account number.
If you’re not receiving the SMS then make sure your mobile is updated in the Employees’ Provident Fund Organization account.
Those who are yet to map their mobile number to their provident fund account can contact to their employers.
PF balance check number facility is available free-of-charge by regularly checking your PF account balance you can make sure your contribution towards your provident fund is being credited timely.
Other ways of Provident Fund balance check
|Number||Give a missed call||01122901406|
|EPF website||Enter your UAN number and password||epfindia.gov.in|
|App||Install UMANG app||Install official UMANG app|
Missed call facility is not the only ways to get your employee provident balance. Today, you can get your EPF details such its balance by using any of the following ways:
- Through SMS
- Online by visiting EPF website
- Through Umang smartphone app
Let’s discuss them one-by-one.
Send PF balance check SMS
To check EPF balance through SMS, send following SMS from your registered mobile number to 7738299899:
After sending the SMS, shortly will receive balance of your retirement benefit scheme.
This service is also free but SMS charges will be applicable according to your telecom plan.
As discussed above, you can also get your employee provident fund balance by sending an SMS from your registered mobile number.
Hurry Limited Time Offer Only For MaapsWorld Readers!
1. No First Year Annual Maintance Charges (Save up to ₹600)
2. Share Successful Registration Screenshot With Me & Get ₹200 Straight to Your Bank Account or Mobile Wallet (Paytm, Google Pay, Phonepe or any other)
To do so, all you have to do is just send a text message from your mobile to 7738299899 in following format ‘EPFOHO UAN’.
PF balance check SMS facility is available in 10 different languages. To get SMS in preferred language send text message in following format:
Note: Make sure to add spaces as in below SMS codes. Send respective SMS format to 7738299899.
|Provident Fund Balance SMS Language||Format|
|Hindi||EPFOHO UAN HIN|
|Punjabi||EPFOHO UAN PUN|
|Gujarati||EPFOHO UAN GUJ|
|Marathi||EPFOHO UAN MAR|
|Kannada||EPFOHO UAN KAN|
|Telugu||EPFOHO UAN TEL|
|Tamil||EPFOHO UAN TAM|
|Malayalam||EPFOHO UAN MAL|
|Bengali||EPFOHO UAN BEN|
How to check EPF balance online
Contributor can also visit official website of EPFO for PF balance check with UAN number. After entering required credentials related to your employee provident fund account, you will receive an SMS of your account balance on your registered mobile number.
Make sure you should have:
- your EPF number; you can find it on your salary slip or ask your employer to provide the same.
- registered mobile number that is linked to your PF account.
Here are the steps to check your retirement benefit scheme:
- Visit official website of EPFO.
- Fill in your Universal Account Number number and password provided by your employer.
- Enter captcha text showing on the login page in asked field and hit Login button.
- On the next page, you will be on your PF passbook page where all details including your accumulated funds will reflect.
- On this website, member can also download his provident fund account statement.
Disclaimer: Please verify the link of EPFO website provided herein. There are many fake websites out other therefore make sure you’re on official website of the authority which is epfindia.gov.in.
Install UMANG app
To avail online EPF services, members can install official UMANG app. This app lets members track their funds and contributions online. UMANG app is available on Android, Windows and iOS platforms and not limited to EPF services.
The app also gives access to other government schemes.
How to register on UMANG app and see EPF balance
Follow the steps given below to check your account details through UMANG app:
- Visit your phone app store for example Google Play Store and search ‘UMANG app’.
- From the search results, install official UMANG app.
- Next, open the app and touch Login button.
- Enter your mobile number and tick the box next to ‘I agree to the terms and conditions’. Subsequently, tap Next.
- A one time password will be sent to your mobile, enter it in the asked fied and press Continue.
- Now you have registered yourself on UMANG app.
- Next, highlight ‘All Services’ tab and then find ‘EPFO’ from the list of options.
- Touch EPFO.
- Tap Employee Centric Services.
- Tap View Passbook.
- Enter your provident fund Universal Account Number (UAN) and enter the OTP send to your mobile number.
- That’s it. On the next page, you can see your PF balance.
Frequently Asked Question
How can I check my PF balance through missed call?
To check provident fund balance by missed call, dial 01122901406 from your registered mobile number. AfterMake sure your mobile number is linked to your PF account, otherwise, you will not get PF balance SMS.
How can I check my PF balance with UAN number?
For that purpose, members can visit official EPFO website and on digital passbook section page, they can enter their UAN number and password to get access to their online provident fund account.
What is UAN number?
Universal Account Number (UAN) is a 12 digit number issued by the Ministry of Employment and Labour under the Government of India. UAN is provided to each member holding Employees’ Provided Fund account.
It helps members manage and see their all PF accounts at one place.
How can I find my PF number?
There are multiple ways to know your provident fund account number. Member can easily find his PF number on his salary slip. If in case, salary slip is not available then member can contact to his company’s HR department to get the same.
Also, if member has his Universal Account Number (UAN) then he can visit EPFO website or install UMANG app to get his provident fund account number.