Have you forgot your State Bank of India debit card PIN? Hey, you don’t need to feel embarrassed because it happens to all of us. And your bank knows it very well therefore it allows you change your ATM credentials remotely. Here in this post, we will know how to reset SBI ATM PIN. There are online and offline ways and we will discuss all of them here.
Who can read this post:
- One who want to activate New SBI ATM Card.
- Account holder who have forgot his card PIN and want to reset it.
In either case, you can read this post. Steps are not different, for both whether it setting a new PIN or resetting forgot PIN steps are same.
There are two steps you need to follow to change your SBI ATM PIN:
- Generate SBI Green PIN
- Reset ATM PIN.
SBI Green PIN is actually a one time password that will be sent to your registered mobile number on your request. This ATM PIN change OTP can be generated through SMS, phone, ATM or online banking.
After receiving the SBI green PIN, customer can visit nearest ATM or login to SBI net banking service to reset his debit card PIN.
Let’s complete the process.
1. Generate SBI Green PIN or OTP to change ATM PIN
As I discussed above, we will need green PIN or one time password to reset SBI ATM PIN. For that purpose, pick any preferred way to request green PIN.
|SBI PIN Generation Method||Format||Number/Steps|
|SMS||PIN<space>Last-4-digits-of-ATM-Card<space>Last-4-digits-of-account-number (Example PIN 1234 5214)||567676|
|Phone||Follow the IVR options and generate SBI PIN||1800112211, 18004253800, 080-26599990 (ISD/STD)|
|Internet Banking||Hover mouse cursor on e-Services and click ATM Card Services. Then choose ATM PIN Generation.||Login to SBI Online|
|ATM||Swipe card>Choose PIN Generation>Enter Account Number>Enter Mobile Number||Swipe debit card|
You have four options for green PIN generation, which are:
- Send SMS
- Call to customer care number
- Visit ATM
- Online Banking
Generate Green PIN OTP by sending an SMS
To generate SBI green PIN, account holder can send following SMS ‘PIN<space>Last-4-digits-of-ATM-Card<space>Last-4-digits-of-account-number‘ to 567676.
For example let’s say your ATM card number is 1234 4567 1234 5879 and your bank account number is 31123123123. So to generate State Bank of India green PIN for ATM PIN change, you will send ‘PIN 5879 3123’ to 567676.
Instantly after sending the text message, customer will receive a one time password for SBI ATM PIN change.
Call to customer care to receive one time password
Alternatively, to get OTP for SBI ATM PIN change, customer can also call to SBI customer care number-
- After calling to the number, follow the IVR options.
- First select your language, for example for Hindi press 1.
- Listen to the options carefully and choose ATM Card services which option 2, as of this writing.
- Again list carefully and press button for ATM PIN Generation, which is 1 as of this writing.
- Enter your SBI debit card number and confirm the same and press 1.
- Next you will be asked to enter your 11 digit SBI Bank account number. Enter it and press 1.
- That’s it. SBI OTP for ATM PIN change will be sent to your mobile number.
- Visit nearest SBI ATM and swipe your card.
- From the options, choose PIN Generation.
- Enter your 11 digit bank account number.
- Enter your registered mobile number to receive the OTP.
- On the next screen, you will be able to see success message and instantly you will receive your SBI green PIN.
Once you receive the OTP follow the next steps. Remember this SBI ATM OTP will be valid for only 2 days.
2. Here are different ways for SBI PIN Generation
- Reset ATM PIN by visiting nearest ATM machine
- Login to SBI net banking
How to reset SBI ATM PIN at ATM machine
Once customer receives his green PIN, he can visit nearest ATM machine to change his card PIN. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit nearest State Bank ATM for SBI ATM PIN change. Swipe your debit card.
- Select ‘Banking’ from the options.
- Then ‘PIN Change’
- On the next screen, you will be asked to enter the OTP you have received on your mobile number. Note: Enter the green PIN which we have generated in step 1.
- Enter your New SBI ATM PIN and verify the same.
- That’s it. Your debit card PIN has been changed successfully.
How to change SBI ATM PIN through net banking
State bank of India has been providing remarkable services to its customers. Recently, it has added a new link to its internet banking service, under e-Services tab, to offer ATM card related facilities.
Customers can use this service to block an ATM card, set ATM card limit, request a new card, and generate ATM PIN.
If you’ve forgot SBI ATM PIN then you can reset it by simply logging in to your online banking account.
This fabulous service saves precious time of the customers. You can readily reset your State Bank ATM PIN by net banking service of the bank.
If you have not activated this service yet then I recommend you use it. In my recent post, I showed you SBI net banking registration process. By reading that post you can activate this service right from your home.
Important: Do you know if you would have invested ₹100000 on 21-May-2020 in State Bank of India stock then your ₹1 Lakh would have become ₹124000 on 05-June-2020 (24% retuns in less than 1 month)? This is the power of investing. Open your Demat and Trading account with Angel Broking by clicking on this special link and start investing in good stocks. To learn the basics watch this video.
Note: Registered mobile number is required to change ATM PIN through internet banking. This service is available free of cost.
Here are steps you need to follow to change your debit card PIN online:
Go to the official website of SBI online and enter your login credentials (user ID and password) to get access to your online banking services.
From the navigation menu, select e-Services then click on ATM Card Services (from the sidebar).
Click on ‘ATM Pin Generation’.
Then select your preferred mode to validate your access to ATM card services. You will see two options;
- Using One Time Password (OTP) – If you select this one then an OTP will be sent on your registered mobile number through an SMS. You will have to enter it to jump to the next step.
- Using Profile Password – You can also use your profile password to proceed.
After entering OTP or profile password click to Continue.
In the next step, if you have only one account linked with your ID then click on Continue, otherwise, select an account from the list.
A list of your activated cards will appear on your screen, just select a card whose ATM PIN you want to generate and then click on Submit button.
Enter first two digits of your desired PIN and click on submit. You’ll receive the remaining two digits through an SMS.
Enter the remaining two digits; that you’ve received on your mobile number, and click on submit.
That’s it, Your State Bank ATM PIN has been successfully changed.