State Bank of India customers can block their debit card if it gets lost or stolen. One can also block a debit card if he or she has more than one active cards to save yearly card charges. Here you will learn how to block SBI ATM card by SMS, number or through online banking.
In my previous post, I have provided you some important ATM safety tips to safeguard yourself against any fraudulent activity. And today, I will show you the methods available to block SBI ATM card.
It is always advised to block a stolen or lost card. You should block your card before it falls into wrong hands.
Bank also advised their customers, ‘immediately block your card when it gets lost by notifying your bank about the loss of the card’.
How to block SBI ATM card
You can readily State Bank of India ATM card. For SBI ATM block, you have following options:
|SBI ATM Block Method||Format||Number|
|Block SBI ATM card by phone call||–||1800112211, 18004253800 or 00918026599990 (For overseas)|
|SMS||Type- ‘BLOCK space Last four digits of your ATM card number’||567676|
|Type your message and mention debit card number without PINfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|SBI Online||Scroll down to read steps||–|
|SBI Yono||Scroll down to read steps||–|
|Visit Bank Branch||Visit any nearest SBI Bank for blocking your card||–|
I am going to explain all these modes of blocking State Bank of India card. You can opt any of them; which one suits you best.
SBI ATM block by calling at customer care number
For SBI ATM block, account holder will be required to call at customer care number of State Bank of India-
Call at SBI card customer care toll free number 1800112211, 18004253800 or 00918026599990 (ISD/STD) and follow the IVR instructions to block a card.
If you’re calling from abroad then call at 0091-80-2659-9990.
After opting card block option, your call will be forwarded to a customer care executive. The call centre will ask you some questions regarding your account to authenticate your identity.
After verifying your account ownership, your lost SBI ATM card will be blocked immediately.
I personally recommend you this option because by talking a real human you can rest assured that your State Bank of India card has been blocked successfully.
Remember to obtain reference number from the call centre for future references.
How to block SBI ATM Card by SMS
Customers can also block SBI ATM card by sending an SMS from their registered mobile number to 567676 –
BLOCK space Last four digits of your ATM card number to 567676
Example Block 1234 and sent it to 567676.
Send following text message ‘BLOCK(space) **** (Last four digits of your ATM card number)’ to 567676 from your registered mobile number to block your SBI debit card through an SMS.
Hurry Limited Time Offer Only For MaapsWorld Readers!
1. No First Year Annual Maintance Charges (Save up to ₹600)
2. Share Successful Registration Screenshot With Me & Get ₹200 Straight to Your Bank Account or Mobile Wallet (Paytm, Google Pay, Phonepe or any other)
Instantly you will receive a confirmation message from your bank.
How to block State Bank of India ATM Card through internet banking
Customers having online banking account can login to their online account to block their. In my recent post, I showed you how to activate SBI net banking service from home. If you’ve not activated the service yet then I strongly recommend you use this service.
Those who use net banking can follow the steps given below to block their debit card.
SBI has provided an option to its customers to block their ATM cards through online banking. It is a free service and available 24*7 throughout the week.
- Login to SBI internet banking with your login credentials.
- Click on e-Services from the top menu then click on ATM Card Services from the left sidebar.
- Click on Block Card link under ATM Card Services.
- Select the account and then select a card from your list of cards.
- Select the mode of validation OTP or Profile Password.
- After completing validation mode, select your reason to block then click ‘Confirm’ to block your card.
- You will receive an SMS telling you that your card has been successfully blocked.
Hotlist card via mobile banking
Another way of blocking SBI ATM card online is SBI Yono mobile banking app. Not activated mobile banking yet? Then read, this post ‘How to activate SBI mobile banking?‘ Within 5 minutes you can activate this service from home.
Active mobile banking users can get access to their mobile banking app and follow the steps given below:
- Login to SBI Yono mobile banking app.
- From the app homepage, tap Services.
- For SBI ATM block, touch Debit Card Hotlisting.
- Select your account number.
- After selecting your account, a new option will appear on your mobile screen in which you will need to select your card number.
- Select card you want to block.
- Tap on Reason drop down and select a reason for State Bank of India card block.
- In Remarks field, enter some text regarding your card hotlisting.
- Tap on Submit.
- Confirm your choice and done.
Send an email
Account holders can also block SBI ATM card by sending an email at email@example.com.
In the email you will need to send your ATM card number (do not disclose ATM PIN) and also mention why are you blocking it. Here is an example;
My name is YOURNAMEHERE and my SBI account number is ACCOUNTNUMBER. I have lost my debit card ATMNUMBER while on travel. I am afraid it can be compromised therefore kindly block it ASAP possible.
Thanks and regards!
Applicant Name and mobile number for communication.
Visit SBI Bank branch
If customer doesn’t have access any of the above methods then he can visit any nearest SBI Bank branch to get his card blocked.