Have you just lost your Punjab National Bank debit card? I can understand your loss. In this scenario, blocking card should be your priority. Here I will share 5 simple ways for PNB ATM block. Pick any of them and hotlist your card immediately to safeguard your funds.
Punjab National Bank is one of the renowned multinational banks of India. It provides a large range of banking services to achieve high level of customer satisfaction. PNB has provided quickest and easiest ways to block an ATM-cum-debit card to its customers.
Customers can block PNB ATM card (if they lost them) to avoid any misuse. For that purpose, he can pick any method described in this post.
Few days back, we had provided you a must follow safety tips guide while using ATM machines. You should read that tips before it’s too late!
After losing a debit card, first thing to do is report the missing card to the issuer. By doing so, you can take a sigh that your money is safe; because you’ve blocked or hotlisted your card.
When one can block PNB ATM card?
Answer is very simple, whenever your card gets stolen or lost, you can hotlist it to safe your money. Again, you can block a PNB ATM card when it gets:
- Lost or Stolen
- Or for any other reason
How to block PNB ATM card
I’ve listed five ways to block PNB ATM card which are:
- Call at PNB customer care number
- Send an SMS
- Use internet banking
- Through mobile banking
- Visit your nearest PNB branch
Read on know how to block PNB ATM card.
Note: Debit card once blocked cannot be unblocked; which means you would not be able to perform any ATM or online transaction with that card. Therefore, only block it if you think it’s been stolen, lost, or fall in someone else’s hand.
Call to PNB customer care to block debit card
For PNB ATM block, just dial customer care number of the bank:
It’s an easiest and quickest way to block PNB ATM card.
This a most reliable way of blocking Punjab National Bank debit card because here you don’t rely on electronic devices, you talk to real human who instantly act on your request.
After calling to PNB customer care number 18001032222, talk to bank customer care executive and tell him to block your card.
After verifying your identity, your card will be blocked promptly.
If your card gets lost then you should contact PNB customer service department to block your card. Call at 18001802222 or 18001032222 (Toll-free) or 0120-2490000 (Tolled) number to block your lost/stolen card.
As mentioned above, they (customer care) will ask you some questions to know that real account holder is calling. After that, they will process your request of blocking PNB ATM card issued on your bank account.
Do remember to collect a reference ID from them for future references. If your card would be misused then your bank will be responsible for that, not you, because you have informed it ASAP.
Send SMS for PNB ATM block
Account holder can also send an SMS from registered mobile number to block an ATM card.
To block PNB ATM card, just type ‘HOT space Card Number‘ and send it to 5607040 from your registered mobile number.
Here is an example HOT 032900XXXXXXXXX and send it to 5607040.
Customer will shortly receive an SMS telling him that his debit card has been blocked successfully.
Login to PNB internet banking
Account holders who have activated PNB internet banking service can block their ATM cards online by logging in to their online banking account. If you’re using online banking service of the bank then follow the steps discussed below to block debit card in PNB Bank:
- Login to PNB internet banking with your user ID and password.
- From the dashboard, move your mouse on ‘Value Added Services’ then select Debit Card Hotlisting under Emergency Services.
- In the next step, you’ll be asked to select an account number. Just select an account, to which card is linked, from the drop down list and click on Continue.
- In the next page, you’ll be able to see list of active cards. Simply select lost/stolen card number. Note: if the card, which you want to hotlist, is not showing in the list then you can enter card number manually in the space, named with Card Number, provided under the List of Cards.
- Now enter your transaction password and click on Submit button.
- That’s it. PNB ATM card has been blocked. You will read a confirmation message on your computer screen.
Read: Is online banking safe?
Block PNB debit card via mobile banking
PNB mobile banking users can log in to their banking app to block their debit card. After logging to your mobile banking, follow these steps:
- Login to PNB mobile banking.
- Tap Debit Card. Alternatively, tap on Services and then Debit Card.
- From the options, touch Hotlist Debit Card.
- Then select your bank account number by tapping on drop arrow.
- Select card that you want to block and hit Continue.
- Next verify your block request.
Visit Punjab National Bank branch
Account holders who don’t have access to above mentioned ways can directly visit any nearest Punjab National Bank branch, not necessarily home bank branch, for blocking ATM card.
After visiting a bank branch, seek help from bank representative for PNB ATM block.