Today I am going to show a step-by-step guide on how to add money in Paytm from credit card, debit card or directly from bank account. Although, Paytm bank to bank transfer lets you send and receive money easily without any charges but there should always be a small amount in your Paytm wallet to pay for purchases directly from the app. So let’s add some money to the app.
Paytm wallet is one of the RBI approved payments banks in India. Beside online shopping, bill payments, recharges, and top-ups, Paytm has started providing online banking facilities to its customers. Now, Paytm customers can perform their banking activities like send or receive money, right from their e-wallet app suing UPI platform.
Apart from that government’s fresh initiative, Fast Tag, to make toll plazas digital is also supported on Paytm. To avail all the facilities offered by the platform one should have to link his bank account, debit card or credit card to it.
Along with adding money in Paytm, we will also link our card or bank account to Paytm for future payments.
To attract more customers, Paytm offers lucrative cash back privileges to its millions of happy customers. The app has emerged as a very strong competitor among other digital wallets.
In this tutorial, I’ll show you how to add money in Paytm from credit card, debit card or directly from bank account. After adding money to Paytm, you can use that money to do online recharges, pay for shopping, pay electricity bill and you can send that money back to your bank account or someone else’s. Read on to know how to add money in Paytm.
How to add money in Paytm
To add money in Paytm wallet from credit card, debit card or bank, get access to your Paytm app and tap on ‘Add Money’.
Touch Paytm Wallet.
Upon tapping on Paytm Wallet, you will be redirected to add money in Paytm page. Now, in the amount field, enter the amount that you want to add to your online wallet for example; ₹100, ₹1000, ₹1500, ₹20,000 and the like. Then hit ‘Proceed to Add Money’.
Important: Before that tap on ‘Have a Promocode?’ and apply an available code to avail Paytm cashback offer for adding money. Paytm offers irresistible cash back offers to its customers upon adding money to their wallets. Therefore, look for a promo code to avail cash back offer.
In the next step, you will be asked to select an option to add money in Paytm like ATM-cum-debit card, credit card, or internet banking. Choose one preferable method.
- To add money in Paytm wallet from credit card–
- Select Credit Card radio button then enter your card details such number, expiry date and CVV number.
- Subsequently, tap Pay. On the next page, you will be asked to enter one time password sent to your registered mobile number, linked with your credit card.
- Enter the OTP and done.
- You have successfully added in Paytm wallet from credit card.
- To add from debit card:
- Selected debit card option, which we presume most easiest way to add money in Paytm.
- Entere ATM card credentials like card number, expiry date, and CVV number.
- Subsequently, recheck all the details and tap on Pay button.
- Next, enter the high security password sent to your mobile number and that’s it. Your money will be added to your Paytm wallet soon or instantly.
- Add money from bank account:
- First add bank account to your Paytm wallet for that purpose from the app dashboard, touch UPI Money Transfer option.
- Select Add New.
- Select your bank name and choose SIM card that is linked to your mobile number and tap Proceed.
- Now give app permissions and wait verification message.
- Once SMS verification is done, you will be able to see your bank account number. Tap to link your bank account.
- Set a PIN for transactions.
- Now to add money in Paytm using bank account, go back and tap Add Money.
- Select Paytm Wallet.
- Enter amount to be added.
- Your bank account will be selected automatically, just tap Pay to process to next step.
- Enter your UPI PIN to add money in Paytm.
During the process of adding money in Paytm from credit card, debit card or bank transfer, do not hit back button lest your transaction may get failed.
Watch next video for more details. Paytm has updated its app interface but steps are still the same. To get an idea you can watch this video.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I add money to my Paytm account without debit card?
To add money to Paytm account without debit card, one can link his bank account to the wallet app. After adding your bank account to your wallet, you will be able to add money to the app directly from your bank account or can send the same without adding money in Paytm.
Can we use Paytm without bank account?
Yes, it’s not mandatory to link your bank account to Paytm app. You can use Paytm without bank account. To add money in Paytm, you can use your debit card, credit card or IMPS. For your information, it’s also not compulsory to add money to your wallet. While buying something or recharging your mobile you can use your debit card to make payments, as you do on other platforms.
Is it safe to link bank account with Paytm?
Yes, as long as, your device, in which you have installed Paytm app, is safe your wallet is also safe. Also, if somehow your device gets compromised, your wallet and bank account will remain safe because the app has its own defense system too.
Paytm also lets you enable PIN protection for bank account section. Once PIN protection is enabled, bank account section cannot be accessed without PIN.
Apart from that, Paytm uses 128-bit encryption SSL security to safeguard users from online thefts.