If you’re not getting expected returns from your existing HDFC mutual fund scheme then you can take advantage of HDFC mutual fund switch option to change your mutual fund scheme. Today I will be showing you how to change mutual fund scheme in HDFC without redeeming your units.
HDFC securities Limited allows its customers switch from one mutual fund scheme to another online without visiting their respective branches. To change HDFC mutual fund scheme, all you need to do is just login to official HDFC securities website and opt switch option.
Once you choose HDFC mutual fund switch option, your existing capital accumulated in your mutual fund portfolio will be moved to the new scheme and you will get new scheme units according to the market value of your portfolio units.
Not only this, you can also switch some units and keep some in the same scheme. It only takes 5 minutes if you already have registered on the website or in other case it will hardly take 15 minutes.
Everything available at your fingertips, you don’t need to visit your home branch.
Also, here is very important thing, after doing so, you will be able to convert your mutual fund scheme from regular to direct to save 1 percent charges at the time of redeeming your units.
Steps HDFC mutual fund switch
HDFC mutual fund switch option enables customers switch from one scheme to another. You can take advantage of it and anytime move from one mutual fund scheme. Let’s see the steps to change HDFC mutual fund scheme.
Watch this step-by-step video instructions to change HDFC mutual fund scheme using switch option. Or you can continue reading the written instructions to know the process.
- Login to official website for HDFC mutual fund. Not registered yet? Then watch this video.
- Click Transact Now showing at the top right corner.
- You will see a number of options, click Switch for HDFC mutual fund switch.
- Under Select Switch Out Scheme, select your portfolio number then your existing mutual fund scheme in which you have invested lumpsum or are doing SIP.
- Head to next section, Switch In Scheme, and click on Select from list. You will be able to see all the HDFC mutual fund scheme in which you can switch. Now, cautiously select an HDFC mutal fund scheme in which you would like to move your accumulated portfolio amount. I am going to change from Hybrid Equity Fund to HDFC Index Fund- Nifty 50 Plan.
- Now in third section, Select Value, select radio button next to No. of Units and enter the units you would like to move to new mutual fund scheme. Hint: Simply enter all the units to move your entire scheme to new one.
- After selecting and carefully verifying the details, make sure you have selected the right HDFC mutual fund scheme, click Proceed to Transact.
- For the last time confirm your HDFC mutual fund switch request and accept all the terms and conditions by ticking the box under Terms & conditions.
- Press Confirm Transaction button to change HDFC mutual fund scheme.
- That’s it. You have successfully submitted your request for mutual fund scheme change. Now within 7 working days, you accumulated amount of your portfolio will be moved to new scheme. And you will be allotted the new units accordingly.
How can I change my HDFC Mutual Fund?
Customers can change their existing mutual fund scheme anytime with the help of HDFC mutual fund switch option. Switch facility can be availed online by visiting official website of HDFC securities.
Or one can visit any nearest branch and submit HDFC mutual fund switch form.
How much time it takes for HDFC Mutual Fund Redemption?
The entire process can take up to 7 working days.
How can I close my HDFC Mutual Fund?
Customers can stop their mutual fund investment by logging to online website of HDFC securities.