HDFC Bank has a range of credit cards to offer to its customers. The bank is largest credit card issuer in the country and its lucrative incentive programs for example HDFC credit card reward points program attract thousands of new customers and help it to retain its existing ones.
HDFC credit card reward points program lets you earn points on your credit card payments for example when you make online payments and shop online. These points accumulate in your account and remain valid for 2 years from the date of accumulation. Once reward points reach to 500 threshold, you become eligible for redemption.
Earlier HDFC reward points were redeemable against only products, vouchers, and gift cards. But now customers can convert their reward points into cash.
How to earn HDFC reward points?
The one and only way to earn HDFC rewards points is making purchases using your HDFC credit card. You can easily earn points on your online shopping and other purchases. According to your monthly statement, whatever reward points you earn automatically get credited to your account.
And once reached to 500 threshold, you can redeem HDFC credit card reward points against cash, vouchers, and gift cards. Out of all redemption options, most customers prefer cash redemption. Next you’ll learn credit card reward points redemption process.
All HDFC credit cards have different reward points programs therefore check your card’s incentive program and spend accordingly to earn more reward points. For your information, HDFC Money Back credit cards offer more reward points on online shopping and Diners ClubMIles cards let you earn more reward points on your international spends. You should check out HDFC reward catalogue.
Today I’ll walk you through how to redeem HDFC credit card reward points.
You have two options to redeem your reward points:
I’ll explain both methods here.
If you want to do HDFC credit card reward points redemption online then you’d be an active user of internet banking service of the bank. For your knowledge, you can activate HDFC net banking service online without visiting your bank branch. I’ve written a separate post on how to activate HDFC net banking service. If you’ve not activated the service yet then you can read that post.
Before that, here are some important points:
- You should accumulate minimum of 500 reward points and if you’re going to convert them into cash then their value should be equal to or more than Rs. 250.
- Money Back, Business Money Back, Business Money Corporate, Platinum Edge, and Solitaire Platinum credit cards’ 1 point is equal to Rs. 0.30 which means If you’ve 100 HDFC credit card reward points then they’re equal to Rs. 30. Whereas, All Miles credit cards’ 1 point is equal to Rs. 0.50 which means 100 points of AllMiles card will be equal to Rs. 50.
- A fee of Rs. 99 will be debited from your card account as a processing fee. GST will be levied separately.
- You cannot transfer your points to another customer.
- Your reward points will be valid only for 2 years from the date of accumulation.
- Don’t redeem points unless your points reach to a certain level. Keep in mind you will need to pay fixed redemption procession fee plus taxes. Say if you’ve reward points worth of Rs.250 then after initiating redemption, you will receive Rs.120-130 approximately after paying Rs.99 fee and tax.
How to redeem reward points
You can also watch above video to know how to redeem your reward points or you can read to learn the process.
1. HDFC credit card reward points redemption online
As discussed above, you can use HDFC net banking service to redeem your HDFC reward points online. Just follow the steps given below to do so.
Get access to your online banking account by using your login credentials and then from the navigation menu select Cards tab. Then from Credit Cards section (from the sidebar), click on Request then Register New Card.
Thereafter, enter your credit card details to register your card. Note: If you are already paying your credit card bill through net banking service then skip these steps because your card is already linked to your bank account.
After registering your credit card, again click on Cards tab and then from credit cards section click on Enquire then Redeem Reward Points.
Hurry Limited Time Offer Only For MaapsWorld Readers!
1. No First Year Annual Maintance Charges (Save up to ₹600)
2. Share Successful Registration Screenshot With Me & Get ₹200 Straight to Your Bank Account or Mobile Wallet (Paytm, Google Pay, Phonepe or any other)
Check box next to your card number and then click on Continue.
Once you click on the button, you’ll be redirected to a separate HDFC reward points website where you can see your accumulated points and can encash them. Note: Make sure you’ve not blocked pop-up windows.
On reward points page, in the sidebar you can see a number of options for redemption. To redeem your HDFC credit card points into cash, click on Cash Redemption.
Next you’ll be able to see your card number, current available points, and their cash value. If your reward points total cash value is Rs. 250 or more than that then you’re eligible to encash them. In that case, in Redeem Points field enter your total points and click on Proceed.
Next, confirm your details and initiate HDFC credit card reward points redemption online process.
Once you initiate the process, your reward points will be credited to your bank account. This process can take up to a week or more. So be patient.
2. Redeem credit card points through form
If you don’t hold bank account in HDFC bank then to redeem your reward points you can download redemption form and can submit it to any nearest HDFC Bank branch or you can send it by post.
You can download redemption form from here (
After downloading HDFC credit card points redemption form, fill in the asked details and submit it to your card issuer bank or send the same by post. After receiving your request, bank will initiate redemption process which would take up to a week.