Initial Public Offering (IPO) is a great opportunity to earn decent profit. If you would like to know how to buy IPO in Angel Broking then in this post you will learn step-by-step IPO process.
As you might already know before listing on an exchange, a company, who would like to list itself on share market, sells its shares to institutional and retail investors via IPO process.
If company is reputed and well-established then its IPO brings a great profit earning opportunity for investors. One can get short-term or long-term gains through an IPO.
In Short term gains, investor sells his shares as soon as company gets listed on exchanges. This type of gains often called Listing Gains. If company’s fundamentals are strong then it can easily give 30-50 percent listing gains.
In Long Term gains, person who gets the allotment does not sell his allotted shares instead prefer to hold them for long period to accumulate wealth.
Last few months had witnessed a massive IPO launches and many smart investors had accumulated great fortunes by investing in good IPOs.
If you are a new investor and would like to know how to buy IPO in Angel Broking then this post is for you. Whether you are an investor or a trader you must know the IPO process because you cannot miss an initial public offering (only if reputed and well-established company launches it) opportunity to earn decent gains.
Angel Broking is one of the best stocks brokers in India and their trading platform enables you invest in IPO digitally. You don’t need to fill form or submit it anywhere. Just open your Angel Broking app and fill IPO application.
Before jumping in, it’s obvious but I am mentioning for newbies, you should already have a demat account with Angel Broking. If you don’t have then don’t worry you can open it within 15 minutes. You can click on the special link given below to open your trading account in Angel Broking.
Click on the special link to open Angel Broking account and get free Demat account for one year and Zero brokerage for 30 days.
To read detailed post on how to open demat account in India, you’re requested to read Angel Broking account opening process.
Okay. If you already have demat account then continue reading to know the IPO process in Angel Broking.
Prerequisites to fill IPO application
- You must have an Angel Broking account to fill IPO application.
- For payment, you will be required to have a UPI ID, as of now, no other payment mode is accepted.
- Your bank account should have sufficient funds equal to the amount of IPO lots you are applying for. You cannot pay using the amount you have in your Angel Broking trading account; it should be in your bank account.
Steps for IPO application
There are 2 main steps to successfully fill IPO application which are as follow:
- Fill IPO application and enter valid UPI ID
- Approve the mandate by logging in to your UPI app.
Important: Many new investors make a big mistake due to which they do not get IPO share allotment. That mistake is they only fill initial public offering application but they do not approve the mandate by logging in to their UPI payment app. For your knowledge, IPO process will be completed only if you will approve the payment.
How to buy IPO in Angel Broking
Watch the video to apply for an IPO using Angel Broking app. I have explained all the steps so you won’t face any issue.
Follow the steps given below to apply for an IPO in Angel Broking app:
- Login to Angel Broking app and touch hamburger icon showing on the top left corner.
- Tap Trade to expand drop-down menu.
- Touch IPO option.
- There, you will be able to see all the active IPOs you can apply for. Tap on one you would like to apply for then read the details carefully (for more information watch the video provided above) and hit Apply button.
- In Lots field, enter the number of lots you would like to buy. Here remember, in IPO you cannot apply for shares instead you will need to enter the lots and you cannot buy less then one lot. The number of shares per lot is decided by the company according to decided share price.
- Do not change price, let it as it is. This way your chances of getting the IPO share allotment will increase and you will get the share at cut-off price.
- Next, enter your UPI address in UPI field.
- See Face Value at the bottom and make sure your bank account has that amount. Press Pay button to proceed.
- For the last time, verify your IPO application details and hit Confirm button.
- On the next screen, you will see reference number for future.
- Now to successfully complete the IPO process, wait for the mandate notification. You will receive approve mandate notification on your UPI app which you will need to approve. Notification does not come instantly; it takes 10 minutes to 24 hours. Frequently check your UPI app’s IPO section or Mandate section and whenever you receive the notification, approve the mandate.
- Once you will approve your IPO mandate, funds equal to the amount of lots you applied for will be blocked in your bank account till the IPO allotment is finalized.
Now you have successfully completed the IPO process. Wait patiently and you will be notified by email on the IPO allotment date. If you would get the allotment then on the listing date, you will get the shares in your demat account else IPO refund will be initiated automatically.
Read to know how will you get the IPO refund in case shares are not allotted to you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I buy IPO from Angel Broking?
Yes, you can buy IPO from Angel Broking. Follow the steps given above to fill the application. It is completely online.
How do I check my IPO for Angel Broking?
Follow the steps to check IPO in Angel Broking:
- Tap Menu button then Trade.
- From the list of options, tap on IPO.
- Next, you will be able to see all the active IPOs.
- And By pressing on Order Book tab, you can go to your IPO section. There you will be able to see all the IPOs you have applied for. Also, their current status will be shown there.
How do I know if IPO allotted?
You will be notified by email. You can also go to IPO section and then Order Book. There you will be able to see your IPO status.