In this post, we will learn Bank of Baroda transaction password reset process. And not only transaction, we will also see how to reset our login password too.
Bank of Baroda internet banking service is a complete banking solution from the bank which lets you do banking from anywhere.
At the time of internet banking activation, you create two passwords: BOB login password and transaction password.
Login password is meant to give you secure access to your online account. And Bank of Baroda transaction password is used when you try to access sensitive information pertaining to your account for example your profile section, and authorize fund transfer.
Both passwords should contains special characters, letters and numbers for better security.
If you have forgot your BOB transaction password or login password then you can easily reset them online with the help of your debit card.
Let’s see how you can regain access to your online banking account if you have forgot your login credentials.
Bank of Baroda transaction password reset
For Bank of Baroda transaction password reset online, you can watch following video. This video will help you reset your transaction password. And also, it shows you how to reset BOB login password.
I am also giving you written instructions just in case you prefer reading over watching video.
- To reset BOB transaction password, visit bank’s official internet banking website, as usual you visit to login.
- Enter your user ID and click ‘Set/Reset Password’ link.
- On the next page, you will see three options, click on ‘Regenerate Transaction Password Using Debit Card’.
- Enter captcha text showing on your screen in the given field and hit Validate.
- On the next page, enter your debit card details such as its number, expiry date and ATM PIN (that you use to withdraw cash from ATM).
- Then again enter captcha text in the asked field and click on Validate.
- A one time password will be sent to your mobile number (number that is linked to your bank account). Enter that OTP password in the asked filed and hit Next.
- That’s it. Now you can reset Bank of Baroda transaction password. You will need to create password using a combination of special characters, letters and numbers for example Sunil@123.
How to reset BOB login password?
If you have forgot your login password too then to reset the same you can watch above embedded video or read these instructions.
- Visit official Bank of Baroda net banking website and access login page.
- Enter your username and then click on ‘Set/Reset Password’.
- From three options, click on ‘Regenerate Sign On using QNA and OTP’.
- On the next page, you will be asked to answer two questions out of 5 that you have chosen at the time of activation.
- Simply enter the answers of asked questions and press Submit.
- Enter your registered mobile number and click on ‘Submit for Receiving OTP’.
- Enter the high security password you received on your mobile before you hit Submit button. Note: If you have not received the OTP then send following message ‘BOBOTP’ to 5616150.
- On the next screen, you can reset Bank of Baroda login password. Password should be a combination of letters, numbers and special characters and different from your BOB transaction password. Here is an example Kumar@321.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a transaction password?
In internet banking, you have two passwords. One is called login password and another is Transaction Password or Profile Password. Login password gives you access to your online banking account but won’t let you access sensitive information and execute transactions.
To access your personal information and transfer fund, you will be required to provide your trasaction password.
This way bank adds an extra layer of security to your online banking account. If someone finds your login password, your account information and funds will remain safe (because without transaction password, no fund can be transferred).
How can I change my transaction password in Bank of Baroda?
Account holder can change transaction password in Bank of Baroda with help of active debit card and registered mobile number. On the login page, account holder can find Set/Reset Password link. After clicking on the link, enter your ATM card details and registered mobile number and then reset your password.
How can I unlock my user ID in BOB?
On the login page, you can find ‘Your Account is Locked’ link. Just click on that and enter the asked details to unlock your user ID in BOB.