Today we will see Bank of Baroda net banking activation process. This post will help you activate internet banking service of the bank from home without visiting your home bank branch.
Bobibanking enables you carry out your banking remotely and lets you perform financial and non-financial banking tasks without visiting your home bank branch.
Bank is actively bringing its services to digital banking platforms so customers can enjoy hassle free banking services. Bank of Baroda net banking is a complete banking solution provided by the bank. Using this service, account holders can perform a number of banking tasks such as check account balance, download account statement, apply cheque book and ATM card, and transfer fund.
In too strongly recommend you activate Bank of Baroda net banking service because in today’s day and age it’s not a good idea to visit your bank branch, when you can do everything by just logging in to your online banking account.
I my recent post, we discussed, ‘Is online banking safe?‘ You can read that post if you’re still skeptical.
Next, I am going to show you Bank of Baroda net banking activation process.
What you will need to register for Bank of Baroda net banking?
To register for the service, make sure you have following things handy:
- Bank account passbook – We will need to add our bank account details.
- BOB ATM-cum-debit card – ATM card is required to activate the service.
- Registered mobile number – Your mobile number should be linked to your bank account to receive OTP for verification.
Grabbed everything? Now you’re ready. Read on to know how to register for net banking in Bank of Baroda.
Steps for Bank of Baroda net banking activation
Watch above video instructions for Bank of Baroda net banking registration. Or you can read written instructions to activate the same.
Visit official Bobibanking website. Then scroll down and click on ‘Not Registered (Retail User) Click Here’. Important: Make sure you’re on official website of the bank.
Enter captcha text showing on your computer screen in the given field and click Validate.
Now, grad your BOB ATM card and enter its details such as 16 digits card number, expiry date and ATM PIN (that you use to withdraw money from ATM machine) in the asked fields. Note: Use number pad showing on your screen to enter your ATM PIN. In the end, enter captcha text showing on the screen in the asked filed and press Validate button.
Next, you will be redirected to a new page where you will be asked to enter your BOB net banking credentials. I think you can easily fill out the details. However, I am mentioning some important points that you should bear in mind while entering the details:
- Type of facility: Make sure you select ‘Both View & TXN rights’.
- Enter preferred user ID: You will need to enter 3 user IDs of your choice and at the end of the registration one will be assigned to your account depending on the availability.
- Enter Sign On Password: It will be your Bank of Baroda net banking login password that you will use to login to your online account. To set login password use combination of letters (uppercase and lowercase), numbers and special characters for example HindTrek@123.
- Enter Transaction Password: This password should also be a combination of letters, numbers and special characters but different from your SIGN ON password. You will be required to enter this password while transferring funds to other bank account. Make sure you remember both passwords all the time.
Once you fill in the details, click Next.
Ta da! Bank of Baroda net banking activation is completed. You will have got one user ID for your account. Note down that ID, this will be your permanent net banking username. Did you see how easy it was?
Now you’re ready to login to your BOB internet banking account for the first time.
BOB Net Banking first time login
After logging in you will be required to set some account recovery options and the like. For that purpose follow the steps given below.
For your information, after 24 hours waiting period, you can login to your Bank of Baroda internet banking account.
After the waiting period, visit official online banking website of the bank and this time click on ‘Retail User’.
Enter your username in the asked field and press Enter.
Enter your login password that you have set in step one and hit Enter button.
On the next screen, you will see terms and conditions of using net banking service of the banking. Read them and scroll down to bottom and click Agree.
Again, you will be asked to change your login password and transaction password for security reasons. Simply enter your existing passwords in the asked fields and then enter new passwords in the concerned fields by using the same combination (letters, numbers, and special characters).
Upon entering new passwords, click OK.
Next click on Enroll Now.
A form will appear on your screen, fill it out. Let me help you fill out the form.
- Your Personal Message: Enter any message of your choice for example ‘Sunil Net Banking Account’. Whenever you will login, you will this personal message on your screen. This will help you know you’re on official website of bank.
- Set Security Questions: Next you will see some questions from whom you’ll need to tick five and enter their answers. Important: Note your questions and answers somewhere, you will be required to answer them to retrieve your login password, if you forgot.
Then scroll down and for the last time you will be asked to reset your login password again. Absurd? For the third time, change login password? Yeah, I can understand that too, I felt the same. But what can we do. This is bank’s guidelines, we’re just supposed to follow them.
After entering your existing login password, enter new in the asked field and confirm the same in the next field.
Enter your Existing transaction password and subsequently, click Submit.
A dialog box will appear on your screen. Click OK to close it.
Congratulations! Bank of Baroda net banking activation is done now.
You can login to your online banking account and enjoy bank’s digital banking services.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I login to Bank of Baroda net banking?
Follow the steps mentioned above and complete one time registration. Thereafter, visit bank online banking website and enter your user ID and password to login to your account.
What is user ID of Bank of Baroda?
At the time of registering for BOB internet banking, you enter 3 user IDs of your choice and one will be assigned to your bank account. That is your user ID of Bank of Baroda. In case, you have forgot your BOB User ID, you can visit bank’s official net banking website and click on Forgot User ID option to find your user ID.
How can I activate my BOB internet banking without debit card?
It is not possible. To activate BOB internet banking, three things are required, which are: registered mobile number, bank passbook to enter account details, and debit card. In short, internet banking registration is not possible without debit card.
If you would like to activate the service, first request a new debit card and make sure your mobile number is available in the bank records.
Are there any charges for using BOB Internet Banking Services?
No, service is available free-of-charge. All non-financial activities are available for free, even you can download your account statement for free. For financial activities such fund transfer nominal charges will be levied for example to transfer ₹20000 from your bank account transaction fee will be ₹5-7 rupees (approximately).