Angel Broking is one of the top stock brokers in India who enables traders trade in equity, future and options, currency pairs and commodity segments. If you have not activated commodity segment in Angel Broking at the time of opening your demat account. Then in this post, I will show you how to activate Angel Broking commodity segment online.
To open your commodity trading account in Angel Broking, you will be required to provide your income proof, as per the guidelines by SEBI.
For your information, you can get up to 40 times leverage in commodity trading.
Documents required to activate Angel Broking commodity segment
You can upload one of the following documents as your income proof. It is mandatory to provide your income proof to activate commodity segment in Angel Broking.
- Last 6 months bank account statement
- Income tax returns acknowledgement
- Demat account holding statement
- Salary slip or the like document which reflects your income
- Mutual Fund statement
- Bank Fixed Deposit receipt
- Form 16
What segments can be activated?
You will be able to choose between Multi Commodity Exchange (MCX) and National Commodity And Derivative Exchange (NCDEX) or you have the option to activate commodity trading of both exchanges.
For futures and options and currency segments, you can choose NSE-F&O and NSE-FX respectively.
By activating NSE-FX, you will be able to trade in legal currency pairs available on the stock exchanges. If you like forex trading then these are the legal pairs in which you can trade. For your knowledge, not all the forex currency pairs are legal in India.
Steps to activate Angel Broking commodity trading segment
After activating the segment, you will be able to trade in commodities like Gold, Crude Oil, Sliver, and the like. Many professional traders trade in only commodities. If you would like to trade in commodity segment in Angel Broking then follow the steps mentioned in the video to activate it.
Click on the special link to open Angel Broking account and get free Demat account for one year and Zero brokerage for 30 days.
Here are the steps to activate commodity trading in Angel Broking:
- Login to Angel Broking app.
- Touch search icon and type Gold. Then tap on first result.
- Tap Buy.
- You will see a notification requesting you to activate the respective segment. Tap Activate.
- Select the segments in which you would like to trade. By default, all the segments will be selected but you can deselect one or more to remove them. What I advise you is enable all the segments.
- After selecting the options, accept terms and conditions by ticking the checkbox next to, “By proceeding you are agreeing to the terms and conditions.”
- Tap Proceed to Activate to activate commodity and forex trading in Angel Broking.
- Next, a new option, Document Type, will appear on your mobile screen, tap on the option list and select one document that you would like to upload as your income proof.
- Tap Upload Document and then upload the selected document to activate Angel Broking commodity segment.
- Touch Proceed to Activate button to submit your commodity trading account application.
- Enter the one-time password and press Authorize button.
- That is it. Your application is submitted successfully. Now wait till the segment is activated. After that you will be able to trade in commodities and forex currency pairs (if selected).
What is a commodity trading account?
To trade in commodities such as gold, silver, crude oil, natural gas and the like, you will be required to open a separate commodity trading and demat account where you will buy, sell and hold your purchased commodities.
What are the commodity trading hours in India?
You can trade in commodity market from 10AM to 11:30PM.