Today, we will know step-by-step Angel Broking account opening process. The company is one of the best stock brokers in India and offers a cost-effective trading platform along with advanced trading tools, charts and indicators. This will be a detailed post in which we will also review Angel Broking platform. After reading this post, you will know pros and cons of this platform.
Angel Broking, now turned Angel One, is one of the first stock brokers in India who launched a fully electronic trading platform with lowest possible brokerage charges. Now with a single Google search you can find many stock brokers but a decade ago story was different there were only few reliable trading platforms available and Angel Broking was one of them.
Since launched the company has improved its trading platform significantly and continuously putting its efforts to keep it best and affordable for traders. If you’re yet to open your Demat account then no doubt you can go with Angel Broking demat account.
Here are few insisting reasons to open Demat account in Angel Broking:
- Flat ₹20 brokerage for buy as well as sell order which means to complete a day trade, you only pay ₹40 brokerage excluding taxes.
- You get free demat account for first year. You don’t need to pay annual maintenance charges for the first year. Use special link provided below to avail the offer.
- You get access to latest and advanced trading tools and indicators to make your trades profitable.
- Real-time candlesticks charts, bar charts and the like to decide entries and exits.
- Advanced ARQ facility which recommends buying and selling.
- Free learning webinars for beginners.
- Annual Maintenance charges for Angel Broking demat account are ₹450 excluding taxes.
- The platform has millions of satisfied customers.
- Angel Broking app is genuinely very advanced and easy to use. In fact it is the best trading app I have come across.
- One account for equity, currency, commodity, futures and options trading.
- All legal currency pairs for trading are available including USDINR, EURINR, JPYINR and the like. Note: As of now, Forex trading is not legal in India. Only few currency pairs are legal which are available to trade on this platform.
Angel Broking account opening documents
Trading is subject to settlements therefore you will be required to provide valid proofs to successfully open demat account in Angel Broking. Here are Angel Broking account opening documents you are supposed to have before you jump in:
- You should have an active savings bank account to link to Angel Broking trading account.
- You will be required to provide your income proof. For that purpose, you can upload last 6 months bank statement or cancelled cheque.
- Scanned copy of PAN Card in PDF format.
- Signature: Sign on a blank paper and then capture photo using your mobile phone and then crop the image and upload.
- For Angel Broking account opening, you should have a mobile number linked to your Aadhaar Card. If your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar Card then you can opt offline account opening process or first visit nearest Aadhaar Seva Kendra and link your mobile number to your Aadhaar card. If you have not started the registration yet then fill form given below, I will arrange an Angel Broking salesperson’s phone call for you.
- Also, you will be required to capture a 5-10 seconds video for In-person Verification (IPV) which is mandatory.
- To pay Angel Broking demat account annual maintenance charges, you must have a debit card or an internet banking account (UPI and mobile wallet option is also available).
Watch above video to know the steps to open trading account in Angel Broking.
Angel Broking account opening process
- Visit official Angel Broking website. Tap on the following link to save ₹450 and get demat account free for first year.
- Once you reach on the website, you will see a form. To start the Angel Broking account opening process, enter your full name as on Aadhaar and PAN card followed by your mobile number. Enter mobile number that you want to link to your demat account. After entering the mobile number, you will receive an OTP, simply enter it in the asked field.
- Thereafter, enter your city then tick the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions. You can read the same. After entering the details, tap ‘Take me ahead’.
- On the next page, enter your date of birth, PAN card number, email ID, and bank account details then tap ‘Take me ahead’.
- Now we need to verify our identity with help of Aadhaar. Here make sure your Aadhaar is linked to your mobile number. To complete Angel Broking account opening verification, tap on ‘Share Offline Aadhaar’ then ‘Download Aadhaar Details’.
- You will be redirected to official website of Aadhaar Card. Enter your complete Aadhaar Card number and then enter the captcha text showing on the image in the given box. Tap Send OTP button.
- Enter a share code for example 1235 then enter the OTP received on your mobile number.
- Tap Download button. Now Aadhaar Card offline file will be downloaded to your device.
- It is time to upload this file to Angle Broking platform. For that purpose, go back to previous tab (watch video at time 05:58) and tap on ‘Upload Aadhaar Details’.
- Go to the offline Aadhaar file (which we have just downloaded) location and upload it. Then tap on Proceed button.
- On the next page, enter your income details and proceed to next step to complete Angel Broking account online opening process.
- Next upload your PAN Card and bank statement files by tapping on the respective buttons. Then tap Proceed to Esign.
- To complete Angel Broking account opening Esign process, tick checkbox next to ‘I hereby authorize NSDL e-Governance…’ and then enter your Aadhaar Card number. Tap Send OTP to receive one time password.
- Enter the OTP and touch Verify OTP button.
- Now again enter your Aadhaar number and repeat the above two steps.
- We have reached to the end of Angel Broking account opening process, now just complete last step, Angel Broking in-person verification, and done. To complete Angel Broking IPV, tap ‘Allow’ and record your 5-10 seconds video. Or you can tap ‘Block’ and then you will be asked to send the same video via WhatsApp. As per the SEBI guidelines, in-person verification is mandatorary before a broker opens a demat account. I had tapped on Allow but for some reason camera didn’t open so I opted ‘I will share via WhatsApp’ option to complete my Angel Broking demat account IPV process.
- After selecting an appropriate option, tap Proceed and that’s it. You have successfully completed Angel Broking account opening process. Within 24-48 working hours, you will receive your demat account and trading account login details and client ID.
How to open demat account in Angel Broking offline?
If you’re unable to follow the steps mentioned above then just fill in the asked details in the given form. We will arrange an Angel Broking callback for you. One of their salesperson will help you open demat account in Angel Broking.
Alternatively, you can also visit any nearest Angel Broking branch to open your trading account.
Angel Broking charges
The stock brokerage firm charges very reasonable brokerage. For buy as well as sell orders, they only charge ₹20 (₹20 for buy and ₹20 for sell). Apart from that, other government taxes like stamp duty and the like are also applicable.
Angel Broking does not charge brokerage for delivery orders (when you buy and hold a stock for long term). Clients who buy direct mutual fund schemes also do not pay any brokerage.
Angel Broking annual maintenance charges
Angel Broking annual maintenance charges are ₹450 plus taxes for equity and commodity sections. No other hidden charges which means you can open your Demat account in just ₹450 excluding taxes.
For first year Angel Broking AMC charges are zero which means you get your demat account for free for first year.
Along with above mentioned charges following charges are applicable on trades:
- On brokerage and transaction charges 18% GST is applicable
- Commodity Transaction Tax (CTT)/Securities Transaction Tax (STT)
- Depository participant (DP) charges
- Transaction charges
- SEBI charges are rupees 5 for per crore by Securities and Exchange Board of India for regulating the markets.
- Stamp duty charges
For detailed information on Angel Broking charges visit this official page.
- As mentioned in the beginning, they need to work on their website too because professional traders avoid trading from mobile due to the limited accessibility.
- They need to improve their customer service quality; in busy hours they take too much time to respond.
- Call trade option also has additional charges. I can understand they need to charge because of the men power they are using but their should not be call trade charges if customer is unable to close his positions due to technical glitch. Though their system remains online and rarely clients face technical issues but if something like that happens there should not be any additional charges.
How to check Angel Broking account status?
Once client completes Angel Broking account opening process from his end then it takes 24-48 hours before client receives his demat account credentials.
If trading account does not open within this time frame then client can call to their customer care number 02268071111/02242185454 to know his Angel Broking account opening status.
Alternatively, one can also send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to know his account opening status.
Angel Broking review
With millions of satisfactory clients, Angel Broking becomes one of the best trading platforms in India. If you would like to trade from mobile then as from my personal experience there is no other trading app out there who can beat Angel Broking app.
Their mobile trading platform is user-friendly, equipped with all latest trading tools, charts and indicators.
I am expecting a major change in their web-based trading platform soon because I am observing some changes. But as of now their web trading platform is not as good as their mobile app.
The company is in business for the long time (which is a very strong trust factor) and continuously improving its trading platform to provide its clients best trading experience. You can certainly open demat account in Angel Broking to have a seamless trading experience.
What I personally suggest is have at least two trading accounts with different brokers (you will realize it after spending some time in trading) so if one faces technical issues you can continue trading with other. As I discussed in other posts too, these trading platforms are fully electronic, therefore, these are subject to technical issues.
In my recent post, I have walked you through the best trading platforms in India which I personally use too.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I open Angel Broking account online?
Yes, Angel Broking lets you open your demat account online. All you need to do is just follow the steps mentioned above to open your trading account.
How much does Angel Broking cost?
Angel Broking yearly charges ₹450 plus taxes. That’s it. There are no other charges. For per executed order they charge flat ₹20 brokerage excluding taxes such as stamp duty. For delivery orders they do not charge brokerage.
Is Angel Broking good for beginners?
Definitely, in fact recommended for beginners because they offer free demat account for first year. Their mobile trading platform is very easy to use.
Is Angel Broking is safe?
The company is registered with SEBI and in business for the long time. It is one of the very few trading platforms launched in India before the year 2010.
What is delivery in Angel Broking?
Delivery means when you buy a stock and hold it; may be for a day, month, year, or so on. Angel Broking does not charge brokerage for delivery orders. To place a delivery order, your account should have sufficient funds equal to the amount of shares you buy.